Thursday, February 3, 2011

January 25, 2011

The "day" had arrived and Chad and I armed ourselves with faith and love and headed out the door for my 9:00 appointment.
Chad said earlier in the morning that he knew it wouldn't be cancer because "'the big guy' is pretty smart and he KNOWS I can't do this alone!"
By 10:00 we had left the doctor's office with the news we had dreaded. Chad wanted to hit something and I just wanted to drive. I was reeling from the news and so Chad was stuck calling family to pass on the news. I couldn't handle tears or sounds of pity as I promised myself I'd stay positive.
Chad and I drove to Village Inn to eat breakfast... really? Yep, and I ordered pie before my breakfast! We sat in a booth across from one another and ran the logistics of me getting cancer by one another. Why? Had we not been through enough? Why aren't we protected against this vile illness that was in my body?
We weren't able to come up with any answers, but we did have an awesome breakfast!
Chad and I numbly drove through Iowa City, gathering items Clayton needed for a report, parts for a toilet at Menards; you know, all those things people feel like they need to buy after finding out they have cancer.
By the end of our "shopping spree" we did know that on Friday I would be going for more tests to make sure the cancer had not spread to other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment