Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 20, 2011

This weekend has been a beautiful "reprieve" from cancer. Feeling as close to normal as I get it's easy to forget that I'm "sick." I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it, but so much of what I did this weekend probably would have been complicated by actually being sick! The worst part about progressing into my world of cancer is that my next step may actually make me FEEL sick! It's been a long healing from my surgery, but I don't really have any restrictions from it. I'll be excited to show my surgeon tomorrow how wonderfully everything has healed.
Tomorrow is my first appointment with Dr. Hohl. I hope he has a plan and he's ready to execute! I'm ready to get this process started, so I can move on to the next step. I don't do well with sitting and waiting. This is probably why I'm not good at relinquishing control of my classroom/grading to those who offer to help so much. I'm making baby steps in that process as well though. My colleagues are ready to step up and help however I will let them. It's hard to admit that I need help. I definitely work with some of the world's most giving people.
So, to get my new lifestyle started, I'm heading to bed now. The doctor explained getting into a regular sleep pattern is very important to me.
Good night to the most beautiful people in the world! You ARE the reason I stay so strong!!
I'll try to get back on tomorrow evening so you'll know our plan of attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment