Tomorrow is the day I've been looking "forward" to from the start... treatment 4 of 4!
This last week has been a rather interesting one. Needless to say, I DID speak too early the last time. I had a feeling "the yucks" couldn't be avoided. I was hoping the different way my medicines were administered, inadvertently, would allow me to avoid them. None-the-less it came, it yucked, and it left my body in a big way again on Wednesday evening. This allowed me to have a few good days again before heading back tomorrow for round 4. Unfortunately, the pains in my side caused some alarm for the doctor and myself so we checked out my inners and everything checked out just fine. Good to know for future reference...
As excited as I am for tomorrow's treatment to be done, I am a little bummed it must happen this week. My best friend of 26 years is getting married on Saturday and I am the matron of honor. I'm sad to know that the wedding will come and go and I wasn't healthy enough to enjoy it to the fullest extent with her. I'm so happy for her and am glad that I can be there on her day, but wish I could be of "normal" health.
Tomorrow's events kick off at 9:45 with labs, 10:15 dr. apt., and then 11:00 chemo. Lastly, we have an apt. with the radiation dr. at 3. I'm hoping things go more smoothly this time so we can make that appointment. I'm anxious to see what the plan is for the next 2 months in the way of treatment. Radiation has to be "easier" than chemo!
What a beautiful weekend it was! The sun was in and out, but the sunshine my family provided for me was steady and strong. We were able to celebrate my beautiful niece's birthday and have a wonderful family Easter! I hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter and was able to enjoy their families as well!
I'll be updating with what we found out from the dr. apt. in a couple days. Thanks for all of the support!
Always thinking and praying for you as you go through the treatments and the off weeks! Hoping for great results and good health! It was a beautiful Easter Day and what a joy it is to see the children run around hunting for those eggs no matter how old you are! I LOVE the rainbow cake ~ that I have never seen before and is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes this week and if you need a lunch date please please please give me a call I am more than willing to come see you!!!! If you need to get rid of the boys send them on down!! Love ya girl and stay strong!!!