Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011

Breast Cancer 5 Royalty Free Vector Art
Start the countdown: 1 treatment down, 3 to go!
So yesterday was the first day of chemo. Not as terrible as I thought, but last night and today have been a little rough. It's frustrating to be so weak and helpless; don't do helpless and weak very well.
The positive messages and calls have been awesome. I've only had one close call with vomiting and have been put on the Cadillac of medicines to avoid nausea... and am VERY thankful for that!
I learned yesterday I will be losing my hair 3-4 days after treatment and that I will be getting a shot the day after chemo each time in order to help my body replenish the white blood cells quicker as we will be using the adriomyacin and toxicycline each time and upping the amount of time between treatments from 3 weeks to 2. Because I am younger the doctor believes I can handle more of a dose heavy treatment in order to kick it quicker. I have to be careful to avoid environments that will put me at risk of being exposed to a lot of illnesses. The labs should be in later this week as to the hormone levels in my tumor. The medication I am given later will be determinate of those levels.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm hanging in there and didn't want to make you keep wondering. It's going to be a long haul, but I believe with all of your support it will be bearable!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole! I sent you a message via Facebook. My mom, a two-time breast cancer survivor had some advice for your next chemo treatment. You're doing AWESOME. We're all out here thinking of you. Keep kicking cancer's ass!

    ReplyDelete